Things to do in Winter
The chalet is just 2 minutes drive from the Les Masses high speed ski lift which gives you access to the 410km of alpine ski trails which is the 4 Valleys ski area (the largest in Switzerland) with 95 chair lifts and access to Verbier.
There are equipment hire shops in Les Collons 1850 and Thyon 2000 as well as a ski school (Ecole de Ski Suisse) based in Thyon 2000. In addition, it is possible to hire a local ski guide to help you get to know the area.
Although most people staying at the chalet spend much of their time on the slopes, there are lots of other things to do even if you are not skiing:
- Snow shoeing or cross country skiing – there are a number of local trails, and equipment can be rented locally.
- Go sledging – there is a lovely run from Thyon to Les Collons
- Dog sledding – just lie back an relax and enjoy being pulled through the snow by a crew of Huskies
- Visit Sion – the old town has a very interesting selection of specialist shops and there is a local market every Friday morning.
- Go skating – there are free skating rinks in both Les Collons 1850 and Heremence.
- Go swimming – there is a large heated indoor pool in Thyon.
- Have a massage – a local masseuse will give you a massage in the chalet: totally relaxing.
- Hot springs – visit the wonderful hot springs at Brigerbad including an outdoor pool and spa treatments